Don Juan: love him or loathe him, he’s history’s original lover and seducer of women. While many see Don Juan as a womanizer and victim of satyriasis, or the equivalent a modern day “player”, I was lucky enough to be introduced to the concept of a “Don Juan” in a much more positive light. The movie Don Juan DeMarco (starring Johnny Depp and Marlon Brando) portrays Don Juan as a true lover of all woman, and is what I use as my definition.
If you haven’t seen this movie yet, I strongly urge you to do so. While most men and woman see this as a popcorn romantic chick flick, I recommend putting those rose glasses aside and watching it as an educational movie. Don Juan is one of those we can model some very powerful beliefs from, so when you watch it, look for the beliefs and attitudes he has that cause him to act the way he does.
Now I know (I’ve been there) how a lot of guys feel about romance & love, and so does our pop culture; hell, it’s not even “manly” to talk about it. It’s kind of like this weird unspoken taboo, that a lot of guys just don’t talk about at any significant depth – probably because of this huge masculinity misnomer western society has. Even those that do, seem to be way OTT (over-the-top) nice guys that try wayyy too hard… like buying flowers and candy on the first date with a horse-drawn carriage with a girl he hasn’t met yet.
Not Don Juan; he gets it.
The concepts of romancing, seducing, and loving women will continually change and evolve on your quest of becoming a polyman, and these quotes and ideas may or may not jive with where you are – right now. But telling you this as a lover of woman, truly getting these ideas and beliefs at an enlightened and core level, will skyrocket your success with woman and life: separating you from the players and nice guys at a level they couldn’t comprehend.
These quotes resonate with me more and more as I continue my quest of genuinely loving women, and I hope they serve you as inspiration and a reminder as well.
- “There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love.”
- “Have you never met a woman who inspires you to love? Until your every sense is filled with her? You inhale her. You taste her. You see your unborn children in her eyes and know that your heart has at last found a home.”
- “What do you know of great love? Have you ever loved a woman until milk leaked from her as though she had just given birth to love itself, and now must feed it or burst? Have you ever tasted a woman until she believed that she could be satisfied only by consuming the tongue that had devoured her? Have you ever loved a woman so completely that the sound of your voice in her ear could cause her body to shudder and explode with such intense pleasure that only weeping could bring her full release?”
- “I give women pleasure, if they desire, it is of course the greatest pleasure they will ever experience. No woman has ever left my arms unsatisfied.”
- “Every true lover knows that the moment of greatest satisfaction comes when ecstasy is long over and he beholds before him the flower which has blossomed beneath his touch.”
- “By seeing beyond what is visible to the eye. Now there are those, of course, who do not share my perceptions, it’s true. When I say that all my woman are dazzling beauties, they object. The nose of this one is too large; the hips of another, they are too wide; perhaps the breasts of a third, they are too small. But I see these women for how they truly are… glorious, radiant, spectacular, and perfect, because, I am not limited by my eyesight. Women react to me the way that they do, Don Octavio, because they sense that I search out the beauty that dwells within until it overwhelms everything else. And then they cannot avoid their desire, to release that beauty and envelope me in it.”
- “Every woman is a mystery to be solved.”
What I love about these quotes is not only the language and style used, but what kind of person he must be to think and say these kind of things. What beliefs, views, attitudes, values, experiences, etc must Don Juan have (and Johnny Depp emulate and act) in order to congruently communicate these ideas in a fashion that’s undeniable masculine and genuine.
If you plan on adopting this kind of mindset, you have to honestly believe these things with your entire essence congruently and powerfully – there is no “faking it until you make it” or deceiving possible. When this is just who you are, it doesn’t matter (as much) what you say, because who you are as a man will communicate it.
Let me rehash that this isn’t about being a hopeless romantic with your head in the clouds, fantasizing about some idealistic concept of love and women.
No, no – not at all.
Rather, these are quotes of inspiration and ideas/beliefs for you to keep in mind during your interactions and relationships with woman, and throughout life. It also helps with balancing out the mental & physical techniques & strategies one can get bogged down with in the dating world, and give the whole shebang some real emotion, passion, and meaning.
Even if “love” and “attraction” may be just some chemicals being released in our bodies as a result of prewired triggers to ensure the survival of our species… you’re not going to get many girls swooning over you talking like that. While highly beneficial to know all that kind of stuff, it’s hardly passionate or romantic. And anyways; it’s much more fun and rewarding to be the Don Juan, don’t you think?
Do you have any other quotes or good books/movies that portray the attitudes and beliefs of a Don Juan? If so, leave a comment now and let us know!
Looking to become more of a great lover? Get in touch with me and see how my coaching can help transform you into a modern day Don Juan now!
Get more exclusive content like this by signing up now:
Wondering about privacy or what you'll be getting? Take a peek.